Forumsmotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forumsmotions

Forumsmotions

Reticulating splines... news coming up!
Simopsis has moved to SIMOPSIS.SMFNEW.COM
Come by and register to the new site!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Simopsis Feedback/Possible Summer Renovations Thread

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

simLink

simLink

The purpose of this thread is to provide me with some feedback about Simopsis. I have been looking around the interwebs (Razz) looking at other forums, hosts and software. While a move is not likely at this time, I still would like your feedback on what you would like to see from Simopsis moving forward.

Your feedback can be on anything - forum organization, logo, name, slogan, theme, software/host, etc. Anything and everything, really. I also want to hear what you would like going forward, again in any of the above categories or anything not mentioned.

Possible feedback items:

Forum Layout
Games Covered
Forum Appearance
Member Ranks
Software
...and anything else you come up with.

As I mentioned, a site move isn't likely right now. Though I wouldn't rule it out down the road. (I have been experimenting with other hosts, and will be launching a new forum in a few weeks on a different host that runs another software.)

So please provide some feedback. After all, I may be the webmaster, but I'm not the only user. Wink

Thanks for reading and I look forward to reading what you have to say.
-simLink

UPDATE JUNE 20th

There might be (emphasis on the might be) a summer renovation to Simopsis. This would mostly invole a new theme, a new portal (as you may have noticed, the current one is down...) among other things. Just make the site look more appealing and welcoming (lighter colours) and try a few things to get the site to be more busy.

So, please suggest anything theme/look wise you want to see in a renovation. As I said, this reno may happen - it may not. We will
see.

Last edited by simLink on Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:07 pm; edited 3 times in total

https://simopsis.forumotion.com

simLink

simLink

Feedback would be appreciated... thanks! Smile
ALSO: the forums are undergoing a clean-up. No posts will be deleted, forums are just being merged together as some are not really needed, or could just be a sub-forum. Thanks for your patience during this process... Smile

simLink

simLink

Site renovations start THIS EVENING (June 22)!! - eastern time. The site will be down during this time, an HTML page will have a twitter feed during the upgrade. You can follow Simopsis @SimopsisForums.

The site may be down for up to 24 hours this time, there is some background code I am editing and it will require testing on this site. It has already been tested on a test forum, but you never know if there may be problems.

Should it take longer, the HTML page will be updated to reflect this.

Thanks for your patience and cooperation as Simopsis changes again.

cheesey

cheesey
Simopsis Regular
Simopsis Regular

While things are really looking nice around here, it seems to be that you're taking it too far too soon. There's no real need for the twitter feed and v3 of this site is already here after it's only been a few months, and I think your focus should be building up our discussions to give members something to do here.

that's my 2 cents..

simLink

simLink

Thanks for your input. I've been looking at a few conversation starters, it's just coming up with something that people will respond to.

As for the frequent changes, the site is young at probably is too young for v3. However, "version 1" was really the testing stage, while 2 was more final. Version 3 was making it look a little more professional, but you are right. There have been too many changes for the site's age. Any changes that occur for a while will be small ones (i.e. adding new ranks when necessary, same goes for forums.)

Your feedback is really appreciated. This is my first forum, so it's nice to get some info/other person's opinion. Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Simopsis Version 3.1