Forumsmotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forumsmotions

Forumsmotions

Reticulating splines... news coming up!
Simopsis has moved to SIMOPSIS.SMFNEW.COM
Come by and register to the new site!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Will you be buying SC13?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Will you be buying SC13? Empty Will you be buying SC13? Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:14 pm

simLink

simLink

The game is starting to take shape, with more details about simulation and graphics coming available every week. So will you be buying it?

Right now I'm leaning no, I don't like where it is headed quite yet. Maybe when everything is finalized before its release that will change, but for now it is a no.

https://simopsis.forumotion.com

2Will you be buying SC13? Empty Re: Will you be buying SC13? Sat Jun 23, 2012 12:55 pm

cheesey

cheesey
Simopsis Regular
Simopsis Regular

It's a good concept with seemingly great gameplay.. but the artistic style and the animations and how everything looks is what bugs me. And you can't just say it's in alpha.. yes, it means it's not finished yet but it's an overall and already established style that I don't think will change over the course of development but whatever.

That said I'm not so sure about it anymore.

3Will you be buying SC13? Empty Re: Will you be buying SC13? Sat Jun 23, 2012 11:12 pm

simLink

simLink

I completely agree with you on the style. The "Inside Glassbox" videos were great I really liked seeing the simulation. I watched the E3 live feed, and was so disappointed in the graphics. IMO it is such a step backwards. I was hoping for something more like CXL and the modern concept art they had. And I see your point, I don't think the graphics will change that much either.

Right now it's a no, but I may change my mind. It just, I don't know. It wasn't what I was hoping for visually.

https://simopsis.forumotion.com

4Will you be buying SC13? Empty Re: Will you be buying SC13? Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:29 pm

cheesey

cheesey
Simopsis Regular
Simopsis Regular

CXL's artistic style and graphics are far from "modern".. it looks like something straight out of a game from 2006. The whole game itself is really just plain horrible.

As for SC, the more I hear about it the less I want to buy it. I would have bought it from EB but they won't refund games that are registered through Origin.. or Steam for that matter. I'm not entirely sure anymore that the regular version won't be exclusive to origin (it probably is) but I'm certain the deluxe edition is.

With that said, it's unlikely I'll be buying this game unless I can buy it on steam.. and even still it's unlikely.

As far as people complaining about the prices go, if the game is worth it, it's worth it. In the US, games and anything pertaining to electronics is really cheap, but if you went over to australia.. you'd be paying over $100 after release, so...

5Will you be buying SC13? Empty Re: Will you be buying SC13? Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:09 am

Visitor
Visitor

DEFINITELY NO.

The reason why I got hooked up with SimCity (SimCity 4 was the first game I tried before moving to previous titles then back to SC4ing) is that I can create my very own cities without interference (My own creations). I also got hooked up with tons and tons of custom content. For me this SimCity is completely wrong in my sense. First of all, I no longer create cities without interference because this game will interfere in my creations, especially when people try to destroy your own infrastructure. I no longer have the control of my own creations, and well with cloud saving I could no longer even call my city "my own creations". As for the custom content, who knows? Maybe we will be stuck to DLCs at a pricey cost (I don't even have the money to buy all of TS2's packs, why waste another hundred or two bucks for a game which can't even deliver my desires?)

So I'm saving my money to buy a couple of Avatar: The Last Airbender Comics Razz

http://oktimes.canadian-forum.com

6Will you be buying SC13? Empty Re: Will you be buying SC13? Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:28 pm

cheesey

cheesey
Simopsis Regular
Simopsis Regular

111222333444 wrote:
First of all, I no longer create cities without interference because this game will interfere in my creations, especially when people try to destroy your own infrastructure.
Nobody said it was always multiplayer. There would be no cloud saving or any saving at all for that matter if it was.

111222333444 wrote:I no longer have the control of my own creations, and well with cloud saving I could no longer even call my city "my own creations".
Um, why not? There still your cities, your creations.. they're just uploaded to a private database on the web and sync'd to your computer when you open it. Which is just ridiculous but whatever.

111222333444 wrote:As for the custom content, who knows? Maybe we will be stuck to DLCs at a pricey cost (I don't even have the money to buy all of TS2's packs, why waste another hundred or two bucks for a game which can't even deliver my desires?)
In this case I must agree. Unless it's mods and plugins made by the community and offered for free I won't be using any custom content.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Simopsis Version 3.1