Forumsmotions
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Forumsmotions

Forumsmotions

Reticulating splines... news coming up!
Simopsis has moved to SIMOPSIS.SMFNEW.COM
Come by and register to the new site!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Photo Editing: Do you do it?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Photo Editing: Do you do it? Empty Photo Editing: Do you do it? Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:21 pm

simLink

simLink

I've been thinking recently about how photoshopped some photos look in CJs. Sometimes I think they over do it, but with cases of a CJ which just ended, the editing really was effective. They used the water texture to make it look like their city flooded, which IMO is a good time to edit.

Some blurring is okay, but not over doing it. Personally I just change the darkness/lighting and contrast of my photos to make them suit the mood of the update. If it is a dark night, I may the photo darker. If it is a fall day, I make the picture look warmer.

What's your opinion on photo editing? When is it okay/when do you use it, if at all?

https://simopsis.forumotion.com

2Photo Editing: Do you do it? Empty Re: Photo Editing: Do you do it? Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:04 pm

cheesey

cheesey
Simopsis Regular
Simopsis Regular

I think a lot of journals overdo it.
I tried a softening effect in Quynneth Territory (my old version of Durham) and it turns out like a picture straight out of the sixties. The softening looks better on photographs instead of computer images.

That said I usually add a white faded border to mine and darken areas surrounding text, which is usually the only editing I do.

3Photo Editing: Do you do it? Empty Re: Photo Editing: Do you do it? Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:40 pm

simLink

simLink

Yea, I like the editing you do. The faded borders are a nice touch. I will be experimenting with some editing in my upcoming CJ, should SC4 ever stop crashing and let me finish what I want to before launch. Razz

https://simopsis.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Simopsis Version 3.1